Low carb can be hard when you’ve been addicted to sweets for what feels like forever. Luckily with my last pregnancy the severe sweet tooth I once suffered from dissipated a bit. But every once in a while I get a hankering for something chocolatey and smooth.
On Prime Day I jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon. After receiving it the first thing I did was rush to join a few Instant Pot groups on Facebook for inspiration. And one thing I saw repeatedly when I was on the groups was how awesome the Instant Pot was at making cheesecake. Wait? Cheesecake? In a pressure cooker? Hmmm.
And while I’m not a huge cheesecake fan, I thought this would be a great way to satiate my need for a sweet treat every now and again. I was inspired by this recipe here but knew I wanted to put my own spin on things so I played around with the recipe a few times (in the name of science, of course) and perfected the peanut butter chocolate flavors. So good! And did I mention only 4 net carbs?
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve sugar substitute
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Add cream cheese and eggs into your blender and blend until smooth. Then add additional ingredients, blending to incorporate together.
- Once blended, add to 4 or 8 ounce mason jars and cover with foil or the mason jar lid.
- Add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot and insert trivet.
- Place jars inside Instant Pot and cook in 2 batches (I could only get 2 8 ounce jars or 4 4 ounce jars in at one time).
- Cook on High pressure for 15-18 minutes. Let it naturally release and chill for a few hours up to overnight.
- Top with whipped heavy cream and a drizzle of peanut butter or a few chopped peanuts for some texture.
What’s your go-to low carb dessert?