These lettuce wrapped mahi mahi tacos with low carb tartar sauce are a quick and easy low carb meal perfect for any time of the year!
It’s summer and I’ve been craving light, delicious dishes with little fuss. So I decided to peruse the frozen food section of Costco to see if I could spot any low carb options that were quick to make and little fuss.
And what do I find right away but this delicious frozen mahi mahi! Perfect on it’s own with some broccoli or in these low carb fish tacos. Yum!
The tartar sauce recipe is great to keep on hand for other meals. It’s a delicious accompaniment to grilled ahi, salmon, etc. I even mix it in my canned tuna for a quick and easy lunch (with some cheese crisps of course).
Lettuce Wrapped Mahi Mahi Tacos
To make the tacos you’ll need:
- frozen mahi mahi fillet
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons low carb tartar sauce (recipe below)
Make the tartar sauce. While tartar sauce is in the fridge, cook the mahi mahi according to package directions. Grab 2 lettuce leaves and put 1/2 of the mahi mahi fillet in each leaf. Top each taco with 1 tablespoon tartar sauce. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon diced dill pickle
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
- 2 teaspoons dry dill weed
- Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place inside a container and seal. We find that a small mason jar works perfectly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let flavors marinate (or make ahead and keep in the fridge).
I love these – fast and yummy! I haven’t been to Costco in months and need to check these out next time I go.
Sending this over to my mom! She’s a pescatarian and is always looking for quick, healthy dinner ideas.
Looks so fresh and good for you!