What I’ve found on this way of eating is if I don’t plan, I don’t succeed and fall off the wagon… hard. So I’ve started to really focus on that on a daily and weekly basis. That means meal planning and inputting all of the food I’ve planned to eat each day in My Fitness Pal.
So last week as I was meal planning, I targeted a few new recipes to try out to help not only keep me on track with dinner, but leave leftovers for lunches during the week as well. And this instant pot low carb salsa chicken was perfect for just that.
The first time I made it was for dinner and I served it over broccoli (because I love broccoli) but for lunches I served over a bed of romaine and a dollop of sour cream with a sprinkle of cheese. And if I had the wiggle room, I added a tablespoon of salsa to the top too. So good! Also? I’m now down a total of 9.2 pounds in 2 weeks. And feeling great.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Add chicken broth to the Instant Pot and turn on to saute*. Add trivet to pot and place chicken breast on trivet.
- In a small bowl, mix together cottage cheese, taco seasoning, and salsa. Spread over chicken breast.
- Set aside cream cheese to soften.
- Place lid on top and lock. Turn off the Instant Pot to turn off saute and then set Instant Pot for 20 minutes on manual. Once done, let the steam naturally release for 10 minutes. If all of the steam isn't released and pin isn't down, manually release the rest of the steam and open.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred. Add softened cream cheese to pot and whisk in with left over chicken broth, and seasoning mix. Add shredded chicken back into the pot and mix together.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or a cheese "taco" shell with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cheese.
- *this will help warm up your Instant Pot ahead of time so it doesn't take as long to get to pressure.
What meal can you eat over and over again?
I’ll be sharing my weekly macros each week to help keep me accountable. Take a look at my numbers and maybe it’ll help give you an idea of how much I’m eating and how I’m hitting my macro target daily.