This weekend I was absolutely miserable. I woke up on Sunday night with a pounding headache and my body aching all the way down to my toes. I don’t know what happened but I was hit and I was hit hard.
I spent all day in bed and haven’t really left. And my appetite? Lets just say I don’t have much of one. I’ve been struggling with my macros the whole week and I just don’t know what to eat because nothing sounds good. Even MyFitnessPal is yelling at me because I’m not eating enough calories.
So I sucked it up and went in search of a soup that was somewhat appetizing. I knew chicken noodle was out, well, because of the noodles and carrots so I went for something a little more simplified. Egg drop soup. Basic ingredients, low carb, and easy. Done! Oh, and I’m now down a total of 11 pounds in 3 weeks. Not sure how the next week will go but I’m hoping I can stay on my macros and keep it up.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 radish, julienned
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- Add chicken broth and radish to a small pot and heat on medium high until boiling. Turn heat down to medium to allow broth to simmer.
- Add beaten egg to broth and whisk vigorously until egg starts to cook. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, cumin, parsley and chives to the pot and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
- Top with some hot sauce if you need to clear your sinuses a little more.
What are your go-to comfort foods when you’re sick?
Macros this week were super low so I’m going to wait till I’m fully healthy before sharing again.