After a long hiatus, I am back and ready to stick with this WOE for good. After a very successful summer of sticking to the LCHF lifestyle, I found myself off plan and off track with my eating for the past few months and it’s left me feeling icky and at my highest weight in a very long time. So I’ve sucked it up, cleaned out my fridge, and have started again on this WOE as of December 27th.
In order to prepare me for a few events coming up, including Cookie Christmas at my husband’s family’s house, I’ve decided to come with my own snack or two so I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything while others happily munch on their cookies. After reading a few (ok, like 20) different recipes for fat bombs, I decided to give it a go and create my own with what I had on hand at the house.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Pecan Fat Bombs hit the spot and help me increase my fats (something I always have a problem with). It’s a great treat for the end of the night or for when I know I’m going somewhere with lots of sweet treats. Bringing a fat bomb and one of my favorite low carb bars helps me say no to temptation and press forward. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do this weekend!
Have you ever fallen off the wagon? Was it hard to jump back on? Would love to hear your story!!
- 4 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 packet Monkfruit in the Raw
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- Add coconut oil, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir the ingredients together to combine. Microwave another 30 seconds or until ingredients are completely melted.
- Whisk in cocoa powder and Monkfruit in the Raw and combine well.
- Grab a silicone mold and fill about 1/2 inch up.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until completely solid.
- Pop out of the silicone mold and store in the freezer in a container or plastic zipper bag for up to 1-2 weeks.
9 servings | 195 calories | 21g fat | 1 net carb | 2g protein